Sunday, March 25, 2012

Citadel Paints: Must-Read

I just got back from the local gaming store on a paint-buying spree. I got a few pots of some paints I'd been meaning to pick up for some time now. But my friend just picked up 9 pots of Thraka Green Wash. Crazy huh? I know. Thing is, it's not really crazy, because that was probably the last time he would be able to buy a color critical to painting the skin of his 300+ orkz.

By now I'm guessing you've heard, but in case you haven't seen in the last 48 hours:

Games Workshop has announced they are completely rebooting their paint range.

I'm not going to comment on the situation in terms of it's validity as a business strategy or it's relation to GW's customer service policies, but I wanted to pass the word along as soon as possible. If there is a color out there that you have been meaning to get or need to stock up on, you really need to do it in the next week or so before things start getting scarce. I'm personally in the middle of several projects that I wouldn't want to be caught without my colors.

Now, GW has put out a handy color conversion chart, but they have been very specific that these are just approximations, and the new paints will not be perfect copies.

We'll see what this new range does to the hobby as things evolve. But for now, get out there and get those colors you know you're going to need before you have to start forking over $10 for a pot on eBay.