Sunday, January 22, 2012

The 2012 Clean-Slate Challenge

Another year, another army put to bed. I was looking at the list and realizing that I haven't committed to painting anything major in 2012.

Let's fix that right now, shall we?

If you're like me, you've accrued more than your fair share of random figures and pieces as you've ground through more important projects. Little ideas and pockets of inspiration left unfulfilled in a little box in the closet. Time passes, as it tends to do, and one day you realize that little box in the closet says Rubbermade on the side, and has a capacity measured in gallons.

Typographic logo please:


Thank you.

The 2012 CS Challenge is simple: find every wayward model that has fallen by the side and paint the hell out of it. Every space marine, every goblin, every little "I'll work on that later" project. It's all coming out of the bits box and onto the painting table.

Da Rules:
  1. Painting will take as long as is necessary. If I'm happy with a model after a day it's gone. If it take 2 months, so be it. I want these models to reflect the highest standards I am capable of putting forth, and I'm willing to take as much time as is necessary.
  2. No fair just giving stuff away. If I get rid of a painting obligation, I need to trade it. It's okay if I don't feel like painting a fig anymore, so long as I can find someone willing to trade for one that I want to paint. 
  3. It's called the 2012 challenge because it started in 2012, not because that's how long I anticipate this will take. It might take 3 months, it might take 3 years. I've been hoarding stuff for a long time. 
  4. There is NO RULE 4!
  5. When it's finished, there will be a party. With cake. No lies. 
Every Friday post will be a progress report on whatever I'm working on, and you're invited to come along and witness firsthand my battle to leave no model unpainted. 

It begins.