Monday, August 29, 2011

40k Plastic Ork Nobz: The Three Stooges

I love painting Orks for Warhammer 40k.

If there is a more chaotic, characterful, and outrageous style in plastic, I've yet to see it. Support for this army is only surpassed by Games Workshop's flagship line of models: the Space Marines.

Nobz are the clear definition of an Ork veteran. They've been around long enough to bash some skulls, get some real looting done, and even boss around some of the smaller boyz. After years of mischief and malicious conduct, every Nob has his own personality. Although I only painted the requisite 3 Nobz to build a minimum sized squad, I was able to pick the best ideas for my project.

Burly

Warhammer 40k: Plastic Ork Nobs Painted

Everyone knows Orks live for a good fight and getting stuck in with the boyz, which made this guy a natural. He was simply a matter of grabbing the nastiest choppy bits the box had to offer and slapping them into place. I also made sure to give him plenty of scars and scraps from his various close quarters encounters.


Harry

Warhammer 40k: Plastic Ork Nobs Painted

I fell in love with the mini squig on the pole (I call him Polly).

I tried my best to differentiate all the skins of the Nobz to give them a little variety. Harry got the closest thing I have to a standard Ork skin scheme; dark angels green painted up to goblin green.


Joe

Warhammer 40k: Plastic Ork Nobs Painted

Look'it me flash boss!

There just isn't much cooler out there than an orky gun. Held together with duck tape, twine, and bad language, the quintessential ork gun is loaded to gills with options upon options. Most of the attachments don't actually work, but boy do they look great. I focused on the warpaint for this model to give him a bit of extra punch. And for someone who so indiscriminately unloads his ammo, Joe needs an assistant...


Shrimp

Warhammer 40k: Plastic Ork Nobs Painted


Poor guy. He so often leaves the table turn 1 for that re-roll. Oh well, easy come easy go. At least he's got a cool checkered stikk bomb.

And that's the three stooges. Another high quality plastic offering from GW, loaded with weapons, wargear, and personality.